SAINT AUGUSTINE –Hundreds of protestors are expected to turn out on Saturday, April 15 for Indivisible St. Johns’ “Show Us Your Taxes” rally. The event will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Plaza de la Constitucion, the central park in downtown St. Augustine.
The Tax Day rally coincides with a national movement of marches and rallies, calling for President Donald Trump to release his tax returns. “This rally will show that Trump releasing his taxes is important to the residents of St. Johns County and all Americans,” Indivisible St. Johns spokesperson Mary Lawrence said. “It will also shed light on how the Trump administration is making the rich richer – by using your tax dollars.”
The “Show Us Your Taxes” rally will feature live music and several experts speaking on current hot topics such as:
- Analysis and commentary on Trump’s refusal to release his tax returns.
- An in-depth look at the taxpayer’s cost of the Trump lifestyle including trips to Mar-a-Lago and secret service coverage for his adult children’s business trips.
- A view of the Affordable Health Care Act as a tax bill.
- The Trump administration’s proposed budget and cuts.
- Repatriation: The Trump administration’s effect on businesses moving cash overseas.
The event is open to the public; all residents and visitors are encouraged to attend. Visit the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Indivisible.St.Johns.
Indivisible St. Johns is a nonpartisan community group dedicated to raising awareness of the political issues facing the nation. Principles include – Donald Trump’s agenda will take America backward and must be stopped. In order to work together to achieve this goal, we must model the values of inclusion, respect and fairness.