SAINT AUGUSTINE – The St. Augustine Lighthouse is offering selected trees for sponsorship in the Lighthouse’s Maritime Hammock. The offer began on Arbor Day, April 22.
By sponsoring a tree, individuals are creating a tribute to friends and family. Gifts will be recognized with a plaque in front of the sponsored tree. Oak and a few magnolia trees will be located near the Ship Playground and at several other spots on site.
In return for the donation, individuals will receive:
* A tree planted in the Maritime Hammock.
* Maintenance of the tree for one year, including watering. (After the first year, the tree takes care of itself.
* A family-plus membership.
* Recognition on the Donor Wall and in the biannual Spyglass magazine.
* Invitations to donor events.
* A tax deduction as allowed by law.
* The process may take more than six weeks, depending on weather and time of year.
For information contact Michelle Adams, 904-829-0745, ext. 212; or firstname.lastname@example.org.