Q: I caught my dog eating a ripe berry from my lantana plant. I know the plant is poisonous. Will it hurt my dog?
A: Unless eaten regularly or in volume it should be all right. Actually, it is the green berries that are more toxic than the ripe ones. Prune the plant after flowering to rid it of berries.
Q: I have heard of various ways to preserve cut flowers longer. Do you have a favorite technique?
A: Always recut the stem under water before arranging it. In the water solution use at least 50% lemon lime soda. The sugar feeds the flower and the carbonation keeps the solution clean.