The History Beneath Your Feet
Buried below the houses, businesses, and streets of St. Augustine is evidence of past lives, and the City of St. Augustine Archaeology Program dedicates itself to the study of these material remains that are left behind.
Curating and maintaining the City’s archaeological collection is extremely important. As technology improves and we increase our understanding about St. Augustine’s past, new findings can come from previously excavated projects years after the original research was completed. The field of archaeology is constantly evolving to include new techniques, research methods, and digital data.
To learn more about the City’s Archaeology Program and what it is doing to recognize Florida Archaeology Month, visit www.CityStAug.com.
City Archaeology Lab offers open house tours at the end of March
This year, as part of Florida Archaeology Month, the City of St. Augustine Archaeology Program will host four open house events at the Archaeology Lab, located at 30 Pellicer Lane on Friday, March 27, and Saturday, March 28, at the following times:
- Friday, March 27: 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- Friday, March 27: 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- Saturday, March 28: 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Saturday, March 28: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
The Open House events are free and open to the public, but a reservation is required.
Florida Department of Health Offers Website and Call Center
The Florida Department of Health (DOH) has opened a call center and launched a dedicated COVID-19 webpage for those who would like more information or have questions about the illness. The COVID-19 Call Center can be reached at 1.866.779.6121 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- stay home if you’re sick
- keep children home if they are sick
- send staff home if they are sick
- cough and sneeze into your elbow or sleeve
- get a flu shot
- wash hands thoroughly and often – if soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- clean frequently touched surfaces more often
In addition to the call center and the website information, questions can be submitted via email to COVIDemail@example.com.