Virtual summer for 4-H’ers
Summer Day Camps
- Virtual programming will be offered, however the format and content will be planned using information from the survey completed last week. The state office is working on virtual summer programming that we will make available. Other opportunities will be included in upcoming Actvity Updates.
Share the Fun
Share the Fun is virtual this year. Performances will be videotaped and uploaded to Flipgrid. Instructions on how to do it that will be in the next Activity Update. The deadline for videos is May 15th. Please disregard the earlier deadline given at the last County Council meeting.
There is no District Events this year. .
- Fashion Revue is ON! Like everything else, it will be virtual. We have included the normal components, just in a virtual format.
- Construction will be judged with photographs of your garment.
- You will take photos of areas of the garment which the judges have determined. If you are going to participate in Fashion Revue, look out for the email with a list of the required photos. Be sure the lighting is good and the photos are not blurry.
- Open a blank document and insert your photos, 1-2 to a page, into the document (Word).
- Save it as: firstname_lastname_construction.
- Construction photos are due to email@example.com by Wednesday, April 29th.
- Modeling and Interviews will be conducted via Zoom.
- The 4-H office will set up the Zoom call.
- The Fashion Entry Form is a fillable .pdf that will be available on the website Friday. Fill it out and save it as: firstname_lastname_modeling. Open a blank document and insert the photo of your garment instead of including it on the Fashion Entry Form. Save is as: firstname_lastname_entry_photo. Email Fashion Entry form and document with entry photo to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, April 29th.
- During the Zoom call, you will model your garment and answer interview questions.
- Ms. Annette will schedule the interviews for Busy Bee and non-Busy Bee participants. Call 904-287-4877 to schedule the 10-15 minute interview. Once you have reserved a time, Zoom information will be sent to you. Interview slots are Thursday, April 30th between 3:00-6:00pm.
- For registration questions, call Ms. Julia at 904-325-9596 on Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:00. You can also email her at email@example.com.
Arts and Crafts
- Because we cannot accept items at the office, the Arts and Crafts contest is cancelled for this year.
Leave a Reply